22 – 24 February Annual Conference 2019
Hosted by the University of Liverpool see more details here.
Grants are available for students to attend the 2019 Conference.
Key Note, Friday 22 February Professor Ian Hodder ’25 years of excavation and research at Çatalhöyük’.
Proposed sessions/workshops to date:
- Domestic/settlement archaeology
- Archaeology of religion, rituals and temples
- The dead and the living: integrating the evidence
- What makes people move? Settlement dynamics in the Iron Age
- The origins of sedentism
- Epipalaeolithic Near East
- Archaeological traditions, borders and gaps
- Archaeology of food in the Ancient Near East
- Screening and panel discussion of documentaries relating to destruction of cultural heritage in the Near East
- Sumerian beer tasting